Volgers

zondag 1 november 2009

Introduction to my dollshouse

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to build a dollshouse, one in which I could bring all my ideas and plans to life, for which is no room, time or money in the real world. But my lack of skills and hunger for perfection always kept me from building. Then I saw The Retreat of The Dolls House Emporium and thought it would be the perfect little house to turn into a beach house and learning that needed skills on the way!
It still is quite empty on the inside, but I made the deck ready for Halloween this weekend.

Some more detail:




And two miniatures I made for it:


The hedgehog is about 1 cm high. The pumpkins have glow-in-the-dark teeth and eyes. The candles and ghosts on the wreaths are made of glow-in-the-dark Fimo as well. Funny sight when I turn of the lights of my hobbyroom!

Enjoy the last bit of of the weekend!
Marit

4 opmerkingen:

synnøve zei

Hello Marit, and welcome to my blog!
I like the look of your "Retreat house" and I will follow to see it´s and your progress!
I am sure this time you will continue "the diary"!
Synnøve

Norma Bennett zei

Looking forward to seeing more of the Retreat, and by the way, that cross-eyed pumpkin is hilarious!!

Glenda zei

This is a lovely beach house! I can imagine enjoying a beautiful sunset from the deck!

Love the hedgehog!! :)

DuSyl zei

I like your blog. Plus your ideas are wonderful. Found you tru Pinterest. Keep blogging